Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

04 October, 2008

Mickey

She was a small ball of life seeking refuge inside my shoes. It was the only place where she could hide to protect herself against the harsh world. A small, delicate and beautiful fighter. Finally, she was transferred to a place where she alone can rule. A place where she is the center of everything, the Queen. Day by day, she grew more beautiful, showing the vitality of life anyone of her kind would have at that age… she may not be as beautiful as the others but for me, she is fairest of them all.

Our friendship developed as we get to know each other day by day. A friendship beyond compare. I have never seen her unhappy, despite of my incapability to supply everything she wanted. Instead I would be welcomed by her every time I arrived home as if I was away for a long time. I sometimes put my hand on her every time she misbehaves but she would kiss my feet as if trying to say sorry in return. I would deprive her of her food but she would patiently wait for the time you would give her share of the meal. She would always stand up and recognize you as you go out for school, her way of saying goodbye and take care! She is always very excited every time we go out together and enjoy the cool breeze at night. I would scold her for soiling my uniform when she welcomes me home with a big hug, but I love her more for that. She would jump for joy when I have something special for her and in return I get much kisses. I would watch her play with the insects and the plants and the grass with fascination enjoying the thought that they also have their own way of being childish. And perhaps, the greatest of all would be the fact that she would always listen to me whenever I have problems which I cannot share to anybody. She may not offer something more physical except for being there by your side but the comfort that she brings plus the assurance that she gives is already a miracle. Comfort over pains and sufferings, healing of a broken heart, presence in moments of loneliness, all these is a miracle that can happen just by being with her.

I was and am still hurting for we have to part ways. A decision both of us would not want but we have to do. She may not say anything but by the look of her eyes you can see the sadness and the pain of her being separated me, from us. A moment that is so hard for both of us for by looking at her I would breakdown knowing that there is nothing I could do to keep us together. Times when I would visit her and she would be so happy but only for a while knowing that I would leave her again soon. The feeling is so painful knowing that both of you wanted to be with each other again but you just simply can’t. These has been our situation for several weeks, giving her assurance with each visit that I would always be there for her and that one day I would pick her up and we could go home together. Then I came home one night and was shocked with the news: “She is gone!” I was numbed and don’t know what to do or to think. I went to the bathroom and right there and then I broke into tears. Tears for my beloved bestfriend.

And everything just came flooding into my mind:

We would never have a time to stroll at night and smell the cool breeze.

I cannot put my hand on her again and feel her kisses in return.

I will not have someone who would bid me goodbye when I go to school.

I will not have someone who would gladly welcome me when I arrived home.

I will not have someone whom I can talk to again when I’m down.

I will not have someone who would just sit beside me.

I cannot say to her again that “One day we will go home.”

I will not see her again, not just for weeks, but for eternity. And I’m missing her so much…

A Tribute to my beloved dog and bestfriend who will always be in my heart, “Mickey”. June 2004 – September 6, 2008

By Mike 12:30 AM September 7, 2008

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails