Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

19 October, 2009

Sober

tonight I am a sober man
dancing to the music and wine
wishing that I was numbed
amidst these festivities and fun

I let the spirit if Bacchus seep
with every gulp of beer I drink
sending a moment of momentary bliss
to everyone I smile and wink

tonight I lose this game of love
to Aphrodite’s snare and trap
that even Cupid could not stop
me from falling to her jagged lap

and so I plead on Apollo’s lair
to lend me his chariot and take me away
to a place where Persephone arises
from the dark cold place of Hades

tonight I am a sober man
dancing to the music and wine
letting myself flow to festive fun
to where all of this began.

2 comments:

C. JoyBell C. said...

It's all Greek!

I love it!

:)

Mike said...

Hmm.., you gave me an idea... you love mythology eh? hehehe

wait and see... :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails