Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

06 October, 2009

The Glory Departed

the hustling of leaves brings music to my ears
of dying note and hurdle of fears
as age pass by with every added years
I just looked up to the sky, my eyes in tears

while the sea billows I held fast to the oar
I held it steadfastly ‘til my eyes sore
inside me a feeling of loneliness so cold
that grows even colder with my sodden clothes

as the sun is setting, I fear the coming night
when the wind is chilly and the full moon alight
alive with no feelings to even reach out what’s in sight
afraid to lose from this darkness inside

oh, fill this cup that is half empty
I thirst for more of your eminence and glory
I dare not trust my wisdom and enmity
when the insignia of glory has departed from me

the hustling of leaves brings music to my ears
it carried me through my younger years
and my tears came running down my face
for glory had left me and my race.

*a personal tribute

photo credit: cmalcolmpowers.com

2 comments:

C. JoyBell C. said...

Thought I think the total idea isn't what I am feeling right now....through the first stanzas (all except the last one)... I felt that so deeply...it actually made me cry... I feel that right now....it's something I'm going through......

Mike said...

C!

whatever your feeling now.. it'll be over soon...

God bless you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails