Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

26 October, 2009

City of Blinding Lights

Beyond the horizon of endless sight
lies the City of blinding lights
where my dreams and fantasies alight
possible but not by my might

the City where my sorrow fades
to blurry illusions masked by haze
replaced by joy however daze
amassed from musings of each day

miasmatic as it seem to me
lost in wandering I cannot be
for within, the voice of you my Liege
echoes, guiding my every leap

and there I see my dearest Papa
whom I missed and much by Mama
dressed in robe as white as manna
joyfully walking with God’s armada

but when I blink to clearly see
the place was just my room indeed
and the blinding light was but the sun’s
telling me: you have to run.


photo credit: flicker.com

2 comments:

ferayag said...

i love the music in this one. and the twist "...you have to run."

Mike said...

thanks for the comment... i appreciate it much :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails