Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

03 December, 2009

Bittersweet


my prayers leap like a thousand frogs
flooding the heavens of my plea
as time warps like ripples of water
I sat and waited Thy response to me

the sun has risen and have sat low
for a thousand times I don’t know
yet here I am beneath the sky
down on my knees and hands up high

I waited for answers over and over
I’ll cry for it if it need be
my life I know will soon be done
but thy response I cannot see

I know you’ve never answered no
you can tell me wait but please don’t slow
I’ve never been anxious all my life
but waiting is over I had to go

a silken silhouette there I see
over the horizon waiting for me
oh but no, she’s leaving too
tired of waiting for me so

oh dear what’s this that I have done
I had the answer, now she’s gone
oh life when it showers her feat
the Lord has His way to make it bittersweet.

2 comments:

C. JoyBell C. said...

Very poignant.

You poetry style is improving.

I like how you stick to your own style, without copying others'. That is admirable. :)

I have an award for you waiting on my blog! Do come pick it up! I hope that you like it! :)

Mike said...

Thanks C!

your comments inspires me... BIG THANKS! :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails