Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

27 December, 2009

Ode to the Fireflies


Your light shines in the dark of the night

Like tiny lighted windows in the midnight skies

Flickering, shimmering and never ceasing


You graced the darkness that hides the gloom

As my misty eyes caught you in sight

Shining, twinkling and never leaving


I gaze in awe as you flew to the moon

Forgetting the pain, I’ve learned so soon

Like a spray of moonbeam, overflowing


I’m glad the heavens made you alive

A shower of hope in a teary eye

Washing, clearing, always refreshing


So now I come night after night

To play with you under the moonshine

Again and again ‘til I lose track of time.

3 comments:

Andrews said...

Your blog is really eyecatching and Interesting, I suggest that u should go for blog advertising and marketing. There is a website called blogerzoom.com which will promote your blog through all networks + Will do article marketing + Classified Marketing + SEO + Give u Blogging Tips + Will Connect ur blog through all networking & bookmarking sites + Will give u money upto 100US$ from contest & many more at very cheap prices, I had too join it, nice website u should try it..

Anonymous said...

oh this a favorite of mine - love it - the title, the pic, your words.

C. JoyBell C. said...

Finally! Someone has written an ode to the fireflies! Fireflies are one of my most favorite things! They all deserve a poem! Every last one of them do! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails