Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

29 December, 2009

Five Hundred Days of Summer


I believe there is a soul

In every parched paper sold

Curved in every written words

Are memories of the old


Everyday is always summer

I’ve tasted its sweetest wine

Saffron, silken velvet

In your lushness I have dined


Your sun, it blinded me

As we are seated in the park

But you’re something I couldn’t touch

Or you’ll burn me with a single spark


This parched paper that was old

Reminds me of what was you

And in every curved words

Pierces my heart as I view


Five hundred days of summer

And all of blinded me

I wished I could have turned my back

And find Autumn waiting for me.

2 comments:

C. JoyBell C. said...

I love this. This is so unique and it is instantly lighthearted but then it blends into a warmer "heartnote" and eventually ends with an almost (only almost but not quite) heartbroken aroma.

J. M. P. said...

I enjoyed very much this film, it's been great to find this inspired poem.

Related Posts with Thumbnails