Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

22 September, 2009

Remembering October

Aside from Panaad Festival in April, the month of October is one of the celebrated month in Bacolod because of its Charter Day and the Masskara Festival. Last year, the festivities left an imprint that makes me somehow miss and hope that this moment would once again come with a twist – to end in the true spirit of Masskara: SMILE.

You enjoyed your glass of wine
while I stared at you from the line
you said hi’s and hello’s
to whom, I do not know

I rushed to catch a glimpse
of your face among the throng
where all I see is a happy face
dancing in the festive song

As the Masskara noises fades
and the crowd of people weakens
I sat still in the corner
hoping you would see me after.

But clearly things have changed
now only the mask remains
of smiles the night had brought
and behind it the sadness wrought

As I welcome the month of October
I would always remember
the days that gave me laughter
when you made me a fighter.

2 comments:

C. JoyBell C. said...

I think that this poem is deep. Like a true face behind a mask. Deep and meaningful. And at the end, even painful.

Very touching.

And I am a bit surprised, as in my next post, I will have a picture of masks! :)

Mike said...

C!!!

Thanks for dropping by... yeah somehow but I've been over it -- hopefully.

I guess we just have the same line of thought as of the moment... :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails