Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

27 September, 2009

Love Unrequited


Is there such words as “moving on” or “getting over with”? Because if there are I want to know the hows of it.

The thing is, people fall in love and when they do, most if not all, give their best for their partner’s satisfaction WHICH is actually missing the whole point because LOVE as we know is unconditional and thus, it doesn’t require anything in other to be satisfied and then call it love. For an affection and fondness for somebody for what he/she is and whoever he or she WAS, IS and WILL BE can never be quantified.

The sad part of LOVE though is when it is unrequited. You have all your emotions, feelings and affection for the person yet all of this means nothing at all to him or her. On the other hand, it is also very hard to reciprocate to something that you really don’t feel reciprocating. If so, it would be a play of truth and pretense on the lover and the one being loved respectively. In the end, we all know it will come to nothing leaving a spark of pain on the lover.

However I see, as in my case, a certain part of it that speaks of genuine affection. If it is TRUE love, we find ourselves loving the person – though unrequited – unconditionally even if it means not sleeping by his or her side or spending precious moments with him or her. I for one, have realized that that person would always remain in my heart no matter what. It doesn’t mean that we have to be married or we should be the one together but there is this certain part of me that I know is willing to welcome whenever things may be.

That is something I am taking into consideration and thus help me move on from day to day. However, people wouldn’t consider it as moving on unless you have totally erased the person out of your system. This can’t truly happen if there is a pure change of heart for both parties to consider.

So as for me: I love even if unrequited I love even if not reciprocated I love even if it’s all pretense for it is love that can only make a change. YOU: how do you deal with it?


photo credit: ni_cole

1 comments:

C. JoyBell C. said...

How are you doing during this crisis situation?

We live on the edge of a cliff where the Marikina river is flowing through the valley below, the river rose so high, that it broke our flood gates! Now, there's another typhoon on the way.

The people on the other side of the river that I used to look at from the garden downstairs, they are just all gone na....it's so hard to just think about all those people, all of their homes, they are just all gone...shit.

Related Posts with Thumbnails