Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

16 November, 2009

Of Death and Dying

If I were to be asked one day: “If my time will come,
will I be ready to go and be gone,
from these fleeting world, like a dying sun
no, nothing left but memories forgone?”

This made me think deeper and sad
for I myself don’t know the answer to this one.
I may boldly say: “To heaven I shall land!”
But tears falls slowly for in doubt I am drowned.

I don’t know why I feel so low
when I’m confronted suddenly
with these thoughts I nowhere sought
it’s impact is so huge that I just fell down on my knees
weakened and defenseless, I don’t know where else to heed.

Where does my faith have gone?
What creature have I become?
That I have come to love this world
in exchange to eternity’s bode.

These thoughts stole my sleep
‘til the wee hours I tire and bleed
answers to these questions I cannot seek
hoping tomorrow there’s a promise to keep.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails