Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

26 August, 2009

The Lady in the Curb


you stand frailly on the curb
hidden in the shadows
of towering blocks and structures
shunning the light of the moon

hurriedly I pass by
not noticing you reaching
‘til I turned my back
and saw you plead

you started to speak
which broke my heart in two
genuinely you ask me
of a few graces I could spare

a tinkle of a coin
a show of compassion
a heart to reach out
a love to give out

slowly you walked away
counting the coins I gave
your umbrella supporting your weight,
between the streetlights rays

slowly I walked away
torn
burdened
wondering how this human frailties
keep happening everyday

to this I said a little prayer
to the God of all graces and compassion
always to remember this moment, this day
and the lady I met in the curb.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails