Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

26 August, 2009

One of those Moments

Today is quiet an extraordinary day for me. I guess I’ve lost the opportunity of sharing the love of God to others. My friend and I were on our way home from SM after buying some personal and home stuffs when we meet a lady in her fifties or sixties around the curb. We were walking quiet fast that I wasn’t able to recognize what the old lady were saying. When I turn back, her eyes were on me and, call me melodramatic but it just tore my heart. So, I hurried back to her. At first I wasn’t able to hear what she says because her voice was so soft. She was asking for some pesos for her to go home. She wasn’t one of those filthy guys roaming around the city streets asking passerby some pennies to supply their fleshly desires. What I saw was an old lady cleanly dressed asking for some small peso for her to able to go home. I pulled out my purse from my pocket and gave her four 5-peso coins and told her to go home already coz it’s late already. She was so obedient, so genuine that it even made me feel so concerned about her. When I asked her why she’s still in the city at that time, she said she was roaming around the city looking for some customers who wanted to cut their hair but she had none the whole time she was in the city. It felt awful for me, I was so sorry for her that I didn’t even noticed that my tears fall. When I looked back I saw here walked very slow using her umbrella to support her counting the coins I have given her. It was moment of deciding between going back to her and offer her a dinner (bet she was hungry the whole day looking for customers). But I walked right to where the jeepneies are and headed home. I had a heavy heart. A burden, till now while I’m documenting this event. So, while I was on the jeep, a said a little prayer to God to take good care of her and bring her home safely. However, despite all this, I still feel bad because I could have done the best I could have on showing the love of Christ, but I failed. I guess I failed.

I realized why I felt that way, I don’t wanna see my mother on that situation one day begging other people for some graces because her son is so irresponsible to gratefully return what her mother had done for her. And I pray to God that this won’t happen. I wish I could bring the old lady home and give her a hearty meal...

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails