Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

12 August, 2009

Long Way Home

Things aren’t good for me lately. Though I enjoyed most of it, some are worth remembering with a grudge and some are just happiness to be forgotten.

I was in a hurry last Saturday trying to catchup the last ferry trip to Bacolod after school because my class ended later than it should be. Fortunately, I was able to grab a good seat and slept all the way to Bacolod. I wasn’t on my right mind when I arrived, though nothing serious to think about (or big problems). So I took a tricycle from port to plaza and rode a jeepney going to shopping, out of my route. (That’s a 90-degree angle to the right of where I should be going.) Arriving at the South Bus Terminal, I climb up the bus heading for Kabankalan (that’s an almost two-hour drive south of Bacolod). The bus was very crowded as it is the 2nd to the last trip, 7:20 PM, and everybody is trying to squeeze in just to be home. I was in the corner of the bus with nothing in my mind, no plans of an exact place to go nor any place to stay. I just felt like I wanna be away for a while. Neither sleepy nor interested at the sight of the countryside, I took my ipod out and listened to music.

The night seems to fade,
But the moonlight lingers on
There are wonders for everyone
The stars shine so bright,
But they`re fading after dawn
There is magic in kingston town

Oh kingston town,
The place I long to be
If I had the whole world
I would give it away
Just to see, the girls at play...

This made me feel relaxed and I did to close my eyes and just to savour the sweet sound of music. Some good memories flashed back and made me smile. (How I wish I was back to the days when I was young and free – high school days! Missing it a lot!). Then another UB40 song played and it carried me away – it just felt good.

I got down the town of Binalbagan, went into one of the bars their, it was a cozy place made of bamboo and hardwood... drank beer, listen to music, watch the full moon over the clear night sky. I let the night passed and early morning I went to the bus terminal and too the 5 am trip back to Bacolod. It was nice and it made me fine.

While I am writing these, I got pissed off by a colleague of mine. Why? Coz her jokes are not jokes at all. I wasn’t hurt by the joke but by the way she delivers it. It makes people look at as a tactless person. So I got out of the office and proceeded to mine.

Now my line of thinking is blurred.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails