Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

27 January, 2009

Ode to my Father

By this time I think you know
We have loved you of depth unknown.
With your days unheard and your time falter
Remember with our Father you are safe and sheltered.

If time won’t grant us moments we desire
We will live in the memory everybody admires
We will let our tears fall on that noble day
When you will wait for us in heaven with gay.

No words can express how much we love you
You have been our mentor, our friend our father
And I pray to God when you see the day coming
Be not afraid our dear Father is waiting.

Precious time you have shared with us
It will be cherished and surely it will last
To northern skies soon we will meet
Where summer is there and life is sweet.

Rest now my father and not be weary
I have shouldered the task and I’m willing to carry
Leave us in joy and in peace you will be
For gladly I will carry you dreams and legacy.

1 comments:

Disassociated Press said...

Old fashioned and boring. I would expect more from someone who trolls around leaving facetious commentary on other poems.

Related Posts with Thumbnails